Day trading can be fun and profitable, but it’s important to arm yourself with knowledge. Take some advice from people who know what they’re talking about; check out these top 100 day trading blogs for advice and analysis on fast paced investment.
The Top 10
This list is already a compilation of the 100 top blogs, but these 10 bloggers offer commentary that’s the best of the best.
- Maoxian: The Chairman offers Stocks du Jour, analysis and entertaining commentary.
- Ugly Chart: Ugly Chart believes "beauty is in the eye of the shareholder." They focus on all time highs and lows.
- Move The Markets: Move the Markets offers top-notch stock advice and analysis.
- Seeking Alpha: Seeking Alpha has investment strategy, portfolio management, hedge funds and lots of other resources.
- 22 Dollars: 22 Dollars gives investment ideas based on both technical and functional analysis.
- Long or Short Capital: Long or Short Capital offers the lighter side of trading. They encourage readers, "let us think for you, since we’re better at it."
- Footnoted: Footnoted reveals the things companies hide in their SEC filings, giving day traders valuable knowledge.
- Controlled Greed: This blog considers undervalued stocks and emulates Warren Buffet’s idea that "you must be animated by controlled greed and fascinated by the investment process."
- The Average Joe: Average Joe encourages readers to be average and make money.
- The Stock Bandit: The Stock Bandit discusses day trading concepts and strategies as well as trading psychology.
Commodities & Futures
Check out these blogs for insight into the commodities and futures markets of minerals, metals, and more.
- Commodity Trader: Commodity Trader discusses everything from minerals to livestock.
- Global Gold Perspective: This blog has technical analysis, news and commentary on issues concerning commodities, particularly gold.
- Gold Stock Bull: Gold Stock Bull has investment strategies that are designed to help you profit in the bull markets of gold, silver and energy.
- Day Trade Emini: This blog focuses on futures, sharing strategies and highly detailed charts.
- PureTick: PureTick aims to increase your chances of market survival, providing trading advice and a live audio training room.
- High Probability Trading: This blog discusses high probability trading, offering charts and a daily summary.
- Futures Trading: Read about a futures trader’s personal journey on the S&P e-mini futures.
- Amibroker Fan: Amibroker Fan discusses futures, interest chart moves and signals.
- Canadian Silver Bug: Canadian Silver Bug discusses silver as "honest money" and a hedge against monetary crisis.
- MineSet: Jim Sinclair comments on gold bullion, silver, and crude oil.
- Uranium Stocks: Read this blog for help making sense out of investing in mining companies.
- StockBullz: StockBullz is written by a Canadian investor, highlighting topics on silver, uranium and resource stocks.
Check out these blogs for observations on options trading and market outcomes.
- Daily Options Report: Adam Warner offers insightful commentary on options trading.
- VIX and More: VIX and More discusses options with particular focus on VIX.
- 1 Option: Read this blog for Pete Stolcers’ thoughts on option trading and option strategies.
- Option Addict: Jeff Kohler is a professional trader and instructor for Investools. He’s also a self-diagnosed option addict.
- Option Pundit: This blog, for serious traders only, discusses basic, intermediate, and advanced option strategies designed to keep up a consistent income.
- Options Trading Beginner: Read this blog for the story and insight of an options trader that’s just starting out.
- Simply Options Trading: Simply Options Trading discusses options in a way that’s, you guessed it, simple. You’ll find stocks to watch, market outlooks, strategy, resources, and more.
- Condor Options: Condor Options aims to earn returns of 10% every month using iron condors. Check out their strategies for consistent income.
Visit these bloggers for a look into foreign exchange currency trading.
- Day Trade For A Living: This British forex blogger discusses signals and projects.
- Dismally: David Andrew Taylor takes a look at economic data to consider how it will affect the US dollar in exchange markets.
- Babypips.com: Babypips offers lighthearted insight and commentary on the world of Forex trading.
- Forex Trading Information: Read this blog for the latest information, commentary, and reports in forex markets.
- Forex Trading Journal: Follow this forex trader’s day to day strategy as well as his profit and loss.
- Forex Journey: Todd Judkins shares his journey in online forex trading. You’ll find tips, strategies, and more.
- Simon Super Trader: Simon shares his aspiration to become a full time trader as well as his success and failure along the way.
- Piptopia: Rob Booker discusses trades, book reviews and analysis for forex traders.
- Forex Blog: On Forex Blog, you’ll find commentary, a currency converter, and live charts.
- The Forex Project: Follow this blogger’s project to trade full time. Read his daily profit and loss tables and graphs to see how well he does.
- Grace Cheng: Grace Cheng is a regular contributor to trading publications as well as a forex coach. On this blog, you’ll find her tips for trading and education for advanced traders.
- No BS Forex: On, this blog, you’ll find straightforward insight and explanation on the world of forex.
- HuntFX: Read HuntFX for discussions on trading psychology and Ichimoku Kinko Hyo.
- FXStreet: FXStreet has up to the minute updates, commentary, and reviews on market developments.
- FX Instructor: Beginner forex traders should visit this blog for daily technical reviews and mentoring.
- FX-BAR: Read FX-Bar for news, analysis, commentary and signals.
- Forex TV Blog: Both beginners and advanced traders can benefit from Forex TV Blog’s news, analysis and reviews.
- Peter Bain Forex Trading Commentary: Peter Bain has a knack for creating successful forex trading strategies, and he’s willing to share his knowledge with you.
- Currency Secrets: This blog reviews top currency secrets, analysis and specific currency pairs.
- Forex Forays: Read Forex Forays for reviews of brokers, systems, products and more.
- Forex Trading Log: For close examination of the markets, particularly of the Aussie dollar, check out the Forex Trading Log.
- BK Trader FX: Boris and Kathy write about their own trades as well as forex news.
- A Forex Loser: Take it from this loser, it’s best to avoid psyching yourself out. Read this blog for insight on how to handle losses in forex.
- 2Bull Forex: Check out 2Bull Forex for topics like support and resistance, essential reading, indicators and mini accounts.
These blogs cover trading on Wall Street and beyond.
- How I Day Trade: How I Day Trade tracks the wins and losses of a day trader working in stocks.
- Afraid to Trade: Corey Rosenbloom attempts to help himself and others get over bad trades and fears to become successful in the market.
- Alpha Trends: Brian Shannon offers analysis of momentum stocks as well as stocks on the move.
- Baby Biotechs: Brian at Baby Biotechs analyzes small biotech stocks one at a time.
- The Wall Street Matator: This bull chaser’s blog is full of trading strategies, stock chart analysis and more.
- Stock Market Beat: Stock Market Beat offers a watch list, annual reports, and analysis of companies with active stock.
- Tradeopolis: Tradeopolis discusses strategies for avoiding burnout, considering value investing, and thriving in a volatile market.
- Dinosaur Trader: This trader discusses hybrid trades, trends, and CNBC commentary.
- Deh Trader: This Canadian trader is relatively new to the industry, but he’s happy to share wins, losses, and insight with readers.
- Alternative Energy Stocks: Alternative Energy Stocks discusses investing in alternative energy, renewable energy and clean technology.
- MissTrade: MissTrade works in stocks, options, futures, commodities, and currencies. She’s been at it for 13 years and has a great deal of insight to share.
- The Kirk Report: Charles E. Kirk, a pro trader, writes to help the "little guy" investor and help others learn how to think about stock trading.
Diversified Day Trading
These bloggers engage in a variety of different types of trades.
- TraderBubs: Bub used to run a retail jewelry business, but now trades futures and stocks every day. He also tracks earnings from this blog.
- Ask Jeff Wilde: Jeff Wilde offers day traders education on forex, stocks, and the "inner game" of trading.
- Mr. Swing: Larry Swing discusses stock picks, technical analysis and charts.
- Fat Pitch Financials: Fat Pitch Financials covers special situation stocks and value investing.
- The Capital Spectator: James Picerno takes a look at investments and issues in the economy.
- Investing Blog: This blog focuses on all types of investments. It’s a one stop shop for traders interested in forex, stocks, hedge funds, futures and commodities.
- All You Need to Know About Day Trading: Linda Wainman, author of the "Keeping It Simple Day Trading System," dishes out strategies that are useful for all types of day traders.
Rags to Riches
The traders in this category have found success, but they have experienced significant struggles along the way.
- Trader’s Narrative: Babak had to learn trading the hard way: trial and error. Now he has great knowledge about trading and wants to share it with others.
- Stock Rake: This blogger trusted others to look after his money, but got burned that way. He’s done much better managing stocks on his own.
- Money Mythos: The blogger behind Money Mythos learned about his inadequacies in financial intelligence when he unsuccessfully tried to invest, but he’s improved his portfolio since them.
- Guzzo The Contrarian: Michael Guzzo got into stock picking after he realized that he had no idea how to handle his 401(k). He decided to get educated and is now very successful.
- Changing My Direction: This former engineer went from TPS reports to stock investment.
- Growth in Value: This blogger went through crashes in the Asian stock markets as well as high tech stocks. Now, he’s doing much better with value investing.
- The Dough Roller: The Dough Roller went from a negative net worth to financial independence through investments that include the stock market.
- Mac’s Money Blog: Robert McIntosh used to live below the poverty level, but now does well with mutual funds, commodities and individual stocks.
- Money Smart Life: Ben from Money Smart Life lost a few thousand dollars with the fall of the dot com market, but has learned to diversify.
- Index Fund Fan: The writer behind Index Fund Fan also got burnt when the dot com bubble burst, but is now successful with his diversified portfolio.
- The Microcap Speculator: The Microcap Speculator made some bad decisions when he started out, but has realized success by using analysis and risk control.
- Trader-X: Trader-X didn’t do so well with options and penny stocks, but he’s refined his strategy and reached a win rate of 80%.
- TSP Trader: The TSP Trader decided that holding onto funds is for suckers and instead earns more money by paying attention to the market.
Whether you’re looking for additional forex resources or are interested in overseas markets, these blogs hold a wealth of knowledge.
- GalaTime: GalaTime blogs about Indian Capital Markets.
- Investing India: Investing India provides investment advice for India and beyond.
- StockWeb: StockWeb focuses on Central and Eastern European stock markets and indexes.
- Deal Street India: This blog covers a number of different topics from commodities to the stock market.
- Financial Nirvana: Financial Nirvana’s Indian blog keeps tabs on the Indian stock market, offering information, analysis, and headlines.
- The Israeli Speculator: This speculator has tips for beginners, tutorials, and lots of analysis.
- Fairval: Visit Fairval for discussions on Indian stock markets, equities and economy.
- Investor Trip: Investor Trip offers "financial talk for global investors." Check it out for commentary on upcoming trends like uranium and finding undervalued stocks.
Read these blogs for commentary that goes against the grain.
- Big Mike’s Contrarian Investing Blog: Big Mike discusses the stock market, commodities, value investing and more.
- Contrarian Edge: Contrarian Edge is written by Vitaly Katsenelson, contributor at Financial Times, Minyanville and Motley Fool. Read this blog for content from those publications as well as original analysis.
- The Peridot Capitalist: The Peridot Capitalist discusses contrarian investment strategies that Peridot Capital Management uses.
- The Prudent Investor: The Prudent Investor analyzes financial and political news and provides commentary with an ideological slant.
- The Stalwart: The Stalwart uncovers underreported stories, press follies, bunk analysts, and misleading corporations.
- WRA Strategies & Observations: WRA Strategies & Observations discusses contrarian strategies and current events.