Investment is all about timing, so it’s essential that you stay ahead of the tide when it comes to financial news. By getting in before the flood of mainstream investors, you can earn a tidy profit. To get this coveted information, check out these blogs, research hubs, and communities, and keep your ear to the ground.
Blogs are a great source of inside information on investments, industry news, and more. Check out these blogs to get reports before Bloomberg gets all over it.
- The Underground Investor: Get news that doesn’t make the front page on this blog.
- Controlled Greed: Hear about stocks that don’t get a lot of news coverage in this blog that discusses undervalued stocks.
- UChannel: Get financial news from the education world through this portal.
- EclectEcon: For eclectic economic news, look no further than this blog.
- Agoraphilia: On Agoraphilia, you’ll find economic and social news that doesn’t necessarily make the headlines.
- The Stock Bandit: In addition to trading advice, The Stock Bandit has loads of great information for stock pickers in the know.
- 22Dollars: Check out this blog for new ideas, insight, and expert analysis that you won’t find in the Wall Street Journal.
- The Reality-Based Community: This blog isn’t all about finance, but it does offer unique insight on a number of news topics.
- Chart Setups: On Chart Setups, you’ll find information about the future of industries and what market players are up to.
- Long or Short Capital: Find commentary and news about offbeat investments and more on Long or Short Capital.
- Unintended Consequences: Find unexpected implications in economics on this blog.
- The Average Joe Investor: The Average Joe highlights important signals, industry news, and more.
- Ugly Chart: Ugly Chart takes a look at stocks, commentary on the future of trading, and lots of interviews.
- Georgia State University Economic News: Get economic news from this University’s think tank.
- Footnoted: Find out what companies are burying in their SEC filings with this blog that exposes sneaky information.
- Seeking Alpha: Get investing ideas and industry news you won’t find elsewhere on Seeking Alpha.
- Heavy Lifting: This blogger scours the web for interesting and insightful economic news.
To get the absolute fastest information, the solution is to analyze on your own. Check out these reports and research links to get the goods.
- Investica: Get market analysis from Investica for information that’s not reported to the masses.
- UBS Research Update: Tap into UBS’ research to get information on economic news and markets from their thinktank.
- GPO Access: On this site, you’ll find reports for prices, wages, Federal finance, and much more.
- The Financials: Find out what’s moving the market, what events are coming up, and more from The Financials.
- 4CastWeb: Use 4Cast to get up-to-the-minute analysis from central banks, markets, and more.
- EconStats: Find global financial statistics with this resource.
- SEC EDGAR Database: Read filings from public companies using this database.
- StockCloud: On StockCloud, you’ll find press releases for lots of stocks.
- Bloomberg Economic Calendar: Predict the news by keeping an eye on upcoming events in the financial world.
- National Bureau of Economic Research: Take a look at PPI, forex rates, interest rates, price indexes, and lots more here.
- The Conference Board: Get indexes with signals of peaks and troughs in the business cycle for nine worldwide countries.
- Forex Economic Calendar: Forex Economic Calendar’s analysis helps currency traders stay on top of news, and forecast how it will affect the market.
- Federal Reserve Research: For research from Fed economists, check out this resource.
- Economic Statistics Briefing Room: Find out about employment, output, production, income, and more with this White House resource.
- Financial Forecast Center: Get forecasts for prices, employment, credit, and lots more here.
- Economic Indicators: Find reports from the Census Bureau, Bureau of Economic Analysis, and more on this site.
- BizJournals: Find out what businesses are up to before their events make financial headlines.
- InvestorsFriend: On InvestorsFriend, you’ll get picks and analysis that are available to subscribers only.
- US Census Bureau Indicators: For industry numbers, trade, real estate, and more, check out these indicators from the US Census.
- FXStreet: Get forex indicators, news, analysis, central bank information, and more with this resource.
- Federal Reserve Economic Indicators: Take a look at indicators like GDP, housing, CPI and more on this Fed site.
Some of the best underground information comes from other investors. Check out these communities that have members who spread the word.
- The Motley Fool: Hear from smart investors on their strategies, analysis, and industry discussions on this forum.
- Herdstreet: Take a look at portfolios and discuss news in this social investing site’s active forums.
- Raging Bull: Check out investments, daytrader exchanges, editorials, and lots more with Raging Bull.
- Investorville: On Investorville, you can discuss investments, investor education, and stocks from A-Z.
- Geezeo: Join groups and learn from others on this social finance site.
- Talk Stock:Discuss markets and more on this forum for investors.
- Vestopia: Check out the way successful investors manage their portfolios to stay on top of the markets.
- SteamStreet: Share and discuss investments, and check out what featured investors are doing on SteamStreet.
- SocialPicks: Check out top picks from experts and pro trackers on SocialPicks.
- Wikinancial: Find great stock pickers in this community.
- StockTickr: Get access to the trading journals of other investors, and keep your own with StockTickr.
- Silicon Investor: For stock forums, watchlists, and news from other investors, check out the Silicon Investor.